Sunday, October 11, 2026

Lane 8 Distance On A Track

Picture from SacKenny
I probably would never run so long and so fast as Vinny Mauri on a treadmill. The longest I've ran on a treadmill is probably slightly more than an hour in Birmingham, UK. This was when it was windy and raining outside. I was traveling with the Singapore Badminton team then who were taking part in the All England Open Badminton Championships.

I did run many laps at the old National Stadium when I worked there previously. I would also run on the grass outside lane 8 of the track to cover more ground. 

I never really knew the exact distance every lap I did. I just 'guesstimated' the distance when I recorded it in my training log book. 

I just saw the above picture of the distance you cover depending on which lane you ran in. So if you need to run many laps on a track, you will know the exact distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment