Thursday, August 24, 2017

Kinesio Taping At Raffles Institution


A few weeks ago I received a call from the Physical Education Head at Raffles Junior College (or known as Raffles Institution now) to teach their PE teachers Kinesio Taping. They had seen an increase of self taping by their students in school especially during PE classes and/ or training sessions. They needed to know if the students were doing it correctly as most were just following instructions looking at youtube.

Just so you know, participants who have attended the Kinesio Level 1-2 courses must sign a disclaimer that they cannot post any videos of what they've learnt online. Hence, whatever videos you can find online are not the real Kinesio Taping techniques but are from other copycat or imitation tapes.

So there I was showing the PE teachers there from year 1 to 6 some pointers on how to tape. The emphasis was on understanding concepts rather then simply giving them "recipes" on how to tape.

We've had lots of people asking when Sports Solutions will be hosting the next Level 1-2 Kinesio Taping course where they even learn about what the homunculus has to do with Kinesio Taping.

Well, I was informed by Kinesio Taping International that they were tweaking the Level 1-2 course from June 2017 onward. They were making some changes to the course world wide. As of now, the Kinesio Taping Instructors recertification courses are slated to take place between October 2017 to January 2018 in USA, South America, Europe and Asia.

I need to clarify some of the content changes at the next Kinesio Taping Instructor Recertification course that I will only attend in early January 2018. I want to ensure that I'm not shortchanging the future participants that I teach. Hence, I've decided I'll only teach the next Level 1-2 course after I've attended the next Instructors Re-certification early next year.

Yes, Kinesio Taping Instructors have to re-certify themselves every three years to be able to keep teaching.

We will definitely inform those who keen to attend the next Kinesio Level 1-2 taping course on our website and Facebook page when dates are finalized.

No comments:

Post a Comment